It's an "open source" game development effort. But not video games - board games, card games, things played at a table, with people. Browse what's been posted so far or even better, create an account and join in! It's completely free!
What is this?
At least for those of us in the upper half of the northern hemisphere. It's starting to get chillier, and it's time to start thinking of curling up by the fire with a game to pass the time. To that end, I'd like to cast a spotlight on punnort's aptly-named Fireplace Poker, and my own Vobabu-War-y (which was actually developed next to my own fireplace). Enjoy!
Also, remember that nominations for our first contest close this Wednesday - don't let punnort win it by default! Competition is good for the soul!
We're a week into the first GrassRoots Gamer contest and there's one pretty intriguing submission so far. I know there are more of you lurking out there, though, you've been asking questions!
Because of that, I wanted to send out a couple of clarifications:
I'm excited to announce the start of the GrassRoots Gamer Contest Series! Here's the deal:
1. Every month or so, I'll announce a theme here, and open the floor for submissions.
2. Post your game idea here on grassrootsgamer.com.
3. Once your idea is posted, you'll see a link at the bottom allowing you to nominate it for any of the contests which are currently running. Click that.
4. After a couple of weeks, the voting period will start. Anyone with a membership may vote.
5. After a couple of weeks of voting, the submitter of the game with the most votes will be declared the winner, and I'll send them a $25(US) VISA Gift Card. US Funds are what I have, but if you live in another country we'll make sure it works there.
Now that the ground rules are out of the way, here are the specifics for this month: