No immediate contest yet. I've got some ideas, but need a structure that will help get people a little more engaged. Thanks to those who entered and voted, I hope to see more good things in the new year!
After a couple of light-turnout events, we've actually got two entries for Change of Venue! So give them a look, and vote for your favorite. If you submitted them, get your friends to vote for you as well - there's no shame in self-promotion! Voting will be open until December 16.
So far there's only one entry in Rollin' Bones, so your chances of winning could be pretty good if you act fast! Remember, ANY game (that's free to share) that involves dice of ANY size or shape is eligible, so don't hold back! I'll be closing submissions Wednesday at 9:00EST (more or less), and while Tricky coud very well win by default, I think it deserves at least a LITTLE competition. It's just more sporting that way!
It's not a higher-stakes contest this time, it's two contests, and one could theoretically win them both!
First up, we've got Rollin' Bones wherein I'm looking for dice games. Any number of sides, any number of dice, with board or without, anything! As long players compete by hurling polyhedrons, I'm happy! No matter how simple, if you've got one, and it's voted the best by the community, you win $25US in VISA Gift Card form.
Secondly, there's Change of Venue, which is a chance for RPG game masters to show off, and face off, against each other. I was pretty amazed when I saw this setup from one of the guys over at Penny Arcade, and I'd like to see what others have done with what I'm calling "nonstandard scenarios". If it's more exotic than "a party in a dungeon or town attacking monsters", then I want to see it! Show off, and a SECOND $25 Gift Card could be yours!
Here's the schedule:
- Both contests are open for submission starting NOW! Just log in (accounts are free), and hit Create a New Game over there on the left. Tag your submission as either a "Dice Game" or "Roleplaying Game" (as appropriate), and once it's submitted, you'll have links to enter it in either or both contests.
- November 18, 9PM EST - submissions to "Rollin' Bones" should be in. Voting on the dice games will start at this point.
- November 25, 9PM EST - submissions to "Change of Venue" should be in, then voting on the Roleplaying games can start.
- December 9, 9PM EST - I'll count up the votes on the Dice Games, and pick a winner. The winning entry gets a spiffy badge on their webpage, and I'll send $25 to the submitter!
- December 16, 9PM EST - Same goes for the votes on the RPGs.
What have you got to lose? Anyone with a free membership can enter and vote, so throw some ideas out and start generating buzz with your friends. There's no risk, and you just might profit!
The entry period for the first contest is now closed, and by virtue of only having one entry, we'll forgo the voting period, and just declare that the winner is Guess Who Bridge!
Turnout may have been light this time, but I will not be deterred. Check back over the next few days, when I'll start the next competition! (or maybe two?)